Enzyme based skincare are extremely popular. There’s not really a single person that is inti skincare and hasn’t come across an Enzyme based treatment or product. If you’ve never heard of Enzymes or Enzyme based Skincare Products you are missing out on a major part of skincare.
Here’s what Enzymes are;
Enzymes are basically chemicals that help in fastening a certain reaction, in this case enzymes help fasten skin cell turnover cycle.
Don’t be scared just because you read “chemical” or “reaction” because everything happening inside our body and outside is a chemical reaction.
Most Enzymes used in skincare are Fruit based or Plant Based. What this Enzyme in the product does is it actually
helps break down the Keratin in the skin. This is part of what we call a “chemical exfoliation”. Chemical exfoliation is tremendously effective step to softer and smoother skin. Especially if you’ve extremely textured or bumpy skin.
Chemical exfoliation is usually very gentle compared to physical & abrasive exfoliation. Products with physical exfoliating particles can sometimes cause micro tears in the skin!
Two of the most well known and commonly used Fruit based Enzymes in Skincare are Papain from the Papaya Fruit and Pineapple Enzyme !
Now here are the few benefits of regularly using an Enzyme based Product for exfoliation!
• As Enzymes help in breaking down Keratin in the skin it also helps in getting rid of dead skin cells which makes the skin smoother & softer.
• Incorporating enzyme based skincare products help with even-ing out your skin tone!
• Enzymes can also deep cleanse your pores by penetrating inside the skin !
• Using Enzyme based skincare products helps in maintaining the radiance of your skin.
• Enzyme are also known to slow down signs of ageing.
• A super impressive thing about enzymes are that they do not damage the skin and only gets rid of dead skin cells !
• They also help boost skin protection and are suitable for all skintypes.
• Unclogs Clogged pores.
• Brightens the skin and helps tackle discolouration.
Another great thing about working with Enzymes is you can incorporate them in various ways and see immediate results!
You can either choose a peel or a mask or a cleanser or maybe a moisturiser the results are immediate no matter what!
If you are unsure about what product to start with, We recently launched an Enzyme based Product that is already a huge hit!
It is a Skin Polisher with 4 fruit Enzyme that can be used as a daily cleanser or a mask!
It’s a super gentle AHA based cleanser + mask + scrub. A 3 in 1 that can be used to gently help exfoliate & cleanse the skin.
A one minute wonder mask that leaves your skin softer & visibly brighter.
Why you should consider investing in this little guy:
• Works fabulously as a daily cleanser.
• Gentle on the skin.
• Works as a pre-makeup cleanser that preps the skin making it more softer canvas.
• Deep cleanses the pores.
• Exfoliate the skin without being abrasive.
• Helps get rid of blackheads and whiteheads and also prevents the formation of new ones.
• Improves Bumpy Skin Texture !
• Can be multitasked as a brightening peel treatment!
• Softens, Brightens and evens out the skin by polishing it!
Here’s a link to the same. Enzyme Skin Polisher !
Tip: Some commonly used fruit based enzymes to look out for in your skincare products for better results are;
Papaya, Pineapple, Blueberries, Pumpkin, Grapefruit, etc!!
We hope this helps! Let us know if there’s anything you’d like us to talk about.